Are there any exemptions?

If you believe that you do not owe any Capital Gain Tax as this is your main home, then you do not need to do anything. If you are not sure, it’s important to obtain expert guidance from your solicitor and accountant to help you understand it all and make sure you pay what you owe. However, if you find that you are liable to pay tax, then you must report back to HMRC as soon as possible, before the deadline.

Share This Post