What certificates do I need to sell my house?

With the various processes and formalities involved in selling a house, doing things in a lawful manner is extremely important to ensure the sale process runs smoothly. In conjunction with this, you may be wondering what paperwork is mandatory for you to have available to complete the sale of your house accordingly.

Here at FastCash4Houses, we want to make sure you feel supported every step of the way in the venture of selling your house. This is why we have put together a short guide of all the certificates that you’d ought to obtain; in the hopes that you will feel rather more prepared and organised by the time you reach the end of this article.

  • Energy Performance certificate (an EPC)

An Energy Performance Certificate is compulsory by law to have readily available for your prospective tenants; prior to advertising the property on the housing market. The certificate documents typical energy costs and general information on the energy use in the property. It also provides insights in to how a tenant can save on energy, thus reducing their bills.

EPC ratings last for up to 10 years and the ratings range from A, being the most efficient and G, being the least. You can request an EPC through an accredited assessor who will asses your property and rate the energy usage accordingly.

  • Proof of Identity

Due to the fact that selling a house is a formal process and legally binding contracts are involved; proof of identity is a necessary document to fulfil anit-money laundering laws. Whether it’s a passport or driving license, make sure to have something of the sort readily available. Additionally, in some cases proof of address is required; this could be a recent bill or letter addressed to you, generally within the last 3 months.

  • Title deeds

This form of certificate documents important information about who is in possession of the property and also includes data on mortgages and leases. If you do not have the deeds to your property then you can obtain them easily from the HM Land registry website.

  • Fittings and Contents form (TA10)

This is a form which you will fill out during the conveyancing process to identify the components that will be included with the sale of the property, e.g. a shed. It will identify any items and belongings you will be leaving behind for the next tenants and the items you will be taking along with you.

  • Property information form (TA6)

A TA6 documents the most current status of the house, countering in factors such as, but not subjected to; parking availability, the condition of utilities such as heating in the house and on going complaints with neighbours. The form includes rather more information than mentioned here, however, upon seeing the form, you’ll be made accessible to the check-list of information that you need to provide.

  • Offer Acceptance Contract

This is usually the final piece of documentation that is required, Hooray! Once the offer has been accepted by the buyer, the contracts are drawn up and the title deeds are passed on to the new owner. It’s a preferable time to look in to Stamp duty before this point but if you’d like more information on that topic, you can find that information on the FAQ section on our website.

Selling your house through FastCash4Houses, on the other hand, does not have to be so complicated. We do most of the work for you and offer you a free no obligation cash offer within 24 hours upon you informing us of some basic details. All in all, if you have any more queries at all, click the link here for some more FAQ’s: Alternatively, you can get in contact with us to speak to a member of our team directly on 01204 294356 or [email protected].

Share This Post