What information do you need when you sell a house?

Selling a house is an exciting venture but there is usually a lot to think about. There are many different tasks involved such as deciding the sales avenue, organising viewings etc, which can sometimes make things a bit difficult. To avoid such difficulties, it is important to be prepared when embarking on the journey as it would work in your favour in the long run. Paperwork is an important factor to keep in mind when selling a property as there can be quite a few different pieces of certification that you may need to gather.

At Fast Cash 4 Houses, we believe that selling a house can be quite a streamlined process as long as you are equipped and organised. Keep on reading to find out exactly what information you need when you sell a house.

  1. Proof of identity: This is an obvious one; estate agents, online property markets and solicitors are all legally required to check the sellers’ identity to prevent money laundering. The proof of identity will also be cross-checked with the other documents and information provided to verify them. Examples of proof of identity are a passport or driving license and proof of address.
  2. Energy performance certificate: This certificate provides information on how energy-efficient a property is and is then given a rating from A being the most efficient, to G being the most inefficient. The purpose of this requirement is that it will show potential buyers much it would cost them to heat and light the property and it also provides information on the property’s ecological footprint. These certificates are valid for 10 years, so if yours is expired or if you do not have one, you can request one from the website.
  3. Land Registry title documents: When purchasing a property, you would have received a title deed from the solicitor which proved that you are the rightful owner of the property. It can be easy to lose paperwork sometimes, so if you are u able to locate your title deed, fear not; simply request a copy from the Land Registry website.
  4. If applicable: If you altered the wiring in the property since January 2005, you are legally required to provide a “Part P Building Regulation Certificate”. If you made changes to the property you must prove that you had permission. If you replaced the windows you must provide “FENSA or a CERTASS certificate”.

The amount of information you need when you sell a house can vary from situation to situation. It is important to do your research, or you can give Fast Cash 4 Houses a call for some more advice.

With Fast Cash 4 Houses, you can sell your house in 3 easy steps and in as little as 7 days! We take all the guesswork out of property sales and will provide you with a free no-obligation cash offer within 24 hours. Our experienced team is always on hand to advise you on any queries you may have; you can count on us to be honest and trustworthy throughout the process.

If you would like to enquire more about what information you need when you sell a house, you can get in contact with us to speak to a member of our team directly for more information at 01204 294356 or [email protected].

Share This Post